Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Topic-A-Week -Studies

What is studies? According to dictionary.com, studies is the pursuit of knowledge, as by reading, observation, or research. But nowadays, the reasons we studying is not to pursuit or obtain knowledge, it is to pass exam and get the piece of paper, and it is to get an occupation. What is an occupation then? An occupation is not just the job you choose, but any activity of daily living one engages. Since it is an activity of daily living, so you have to like it in order to enjoy it. I am afraid that nowadays not more than 20% of people pursuing their dream. Probably due to parents? environment? future? Many many issues.

I do have a dream, my dream is to play in a big orchestra. I can still pursuit it after I graduate. In order to do well in my studies now, I gotta love what I am studying now. Honestly, I do not study to obtain knowledge or pursuit my dream, but for one thing. Money. Money is my dream, to get rich is my dream. Rich doesn't mean you are happy, but I am sure one thing, when you live without food or drink because can't obtain any of it, that is really sad. To me, I have the best family in the world, we are not as rich, but our family is full of love. I do appreciate my family, I do love my family, that is why I will study hard for my family. My parents always want me to grow up and have my own life, that is why they sent me here. To learn, to be more independent, to learn how to save. I became like an aunty after I moved here even my two sisters said so, I started collecting discount vouchers after I moved here. Can't wait to go back and cook for them. Hmm, a little bit out of topic, from study now about family.

Alright, back to study...I have been asking many of my course mates, why civil and construction but not others. 10 out of 10 answered me the same thing, brighter future, better income, easier to get job. None of them study because it is their ambitious and they wanna become civil engineer. Sad case huh. I have been working as supervisor for few months and I know it is tough. Especially facing those foreign workers, they are scary. At the same time I do respect them, they work twice or 3 times of us and only get quarter pay of a supervisor. This is life. Sometimes can't blame them for stealing stuffs. I do wish this world will get better one day. And let us pray so this world will get better one day. At least a fair life for everyone.

Visit this site if you think you can do something about it.
http://www.worldvision.org/worldvision/master.nsf/home/
Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny. =)
Harry S. Truman

1 comment:

  1. to play in a orchestra... hmm.. abit difficult BUT!
    we could make it up by playing in a band.
    I've thought of it,
    dad plays drum,
    you play guitar,
    I plays bass,
    leng plays keyboard,
    zhi sings.
    woohooo!

    ReplyDelete